Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Bush burns up Mars

Reading the Kansas City Star this morning I noticed a story about surprises from Mars. Since this was AP, the story failed to complete the circle of information. The hint was there, so I did a quick Google and found this from the Speculist, confirming my suspicions. Sure enough, Mars is warning. Can that possibly be the fault of vain users of aerosol products or George Bush and his disdain for the Kyoto protocol? Could it be that something common to our solar system is at work here, such as the SUN?

A little more from Speculist:

Getting Warmer

Things are heating up on Mars...literally. The planet is experiencing its own version of global warming. The dry-ice polar caps are diminishing. Paul Hsieh speculates that this must be on account of our failure to sign Kyoto. Wow, when somebody close to me told me that I could vote for Bush if I wanted to, but I would have to accept the fact that everything that happens from now on is my fault...well, I just didn't grasp the cosmic implications.

On the other hand, I can't help but wonder — if two planets so close to each other are both experiencing a rise in surface temperature, isn't it just possible that it might have to do with that nearby star they both orbit? I'm just asking is all. I mean, what if...

What if.

And I'm just asking. But what if global warming is real, but it isn't our fault and there is nothing we can do about it? (With current technology.)

Just asking.

No comments: